THE ULTIMATE PLAYBOOK: Building Your Business without Breaking Ethics Rules
November 2 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am PDT
The Ultimate Playbook: Building Your
Tuesday, November 2, 10:00 am (Pacific)
Whether you’re a well-seasoned attorney or fresh from passing the Bar, it’s no secret that the success of your practice depends on ethically generating business and cultivating client relationships. In this session, you’ll uncover how to design a modern business development strategy while maintaining the Model Rules of Professional Conduct. Real case examples presented by lawyers who’ve been in the trenches representing other lawyers for violating Model Rules 5 & 7, will demonstrate how to navigate common landmines that often end up with a Bar complaint. You’ll walk away with an innovative arsenal of business generating tools that you can immediately begin to implement without landing yourself in front of the disciplinary board.
• Jeana L Goosmann, CEO and Managing Partner/Goosmann Law Firm
• Michael Downey, Attorney/Downey Law Group, LLC
• Erin Joyce, Attorney/Erin Joyce Law
• Megan Zavieh, Attorney/Zavieh Law
[This webinar is part of the ABA’s Member Benefit Library – meaning ABA members may view it (live or recorded) free of charge.]
- Examine Model Rule 5 and discover a strategy for splitting fees without violating it.
- Outline the dos and don’ts of Model Rule 5 so you can start building a referral network within the bounds of those requirements.
- Analyze Model Rule 7 to better understand when you can and when you can’t receive referral fees.
- Define the steps you can take to influence positive online reviews and how to respond to negative ones while maintaining the professional rules of conduct.